The dermatology field offers a range of optional conferences you can attend at any point in your career. These events are excellent opportunities to learn about treatment trends, discover the latest technology and network with your peers. Explore the dermatology conferences you can attend and how to get the most out of the experience.
What Are the Best Dermatology Conferences?
Check out these highly respected dermatology events you can attend:
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) Conference: The AAD is the largest dermatology conference in the U.S. and draws international attendees. This event is an excellent place for medical professionals to learn about recent advances in dermatology, such as new treatments, therapies and research. Attending this meeting will also allow you to network with like-minded professionals who can help you find jobs or collaborate on projects.
- Medical Dermatology Society (MDS) Annual Meeting: The Medical Dermatology Society is a community of physicians, researchers and other health care professionals dedicated to improving individuals' lives with skin diseases. Their annual meeting brings almost 300 attendees together to share new research and innovations in the field.
- American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS) Annual Meeting: Mohs surgery has been a pillar in skin cancer treatment since Dr. Mohs developed the technique. While this specialized surgical skill has become critical to treatment, modern research is still valuable to skin cancer treatment. The ACMS holds an annual meeting to bring dermatologists together and discuss research and developments in the world of skin cancer treatment.
Networking Tips for Your Next National Dermatology Conference
Follow these tips for making the most of your conference:
- Interact with attendees and vendors: Taking the time to interact with as many attendees and vendors as possible can help you make industry connections and even long-term friends.
- Take notes on business cards: Write down names and a summary of their talk or presentation on their card when you get it.
- Stay hydrated: You'll be talking and moving around all day, so take time for water breaks throughout the conference.
- Have fun: Attendees will be eager to connect with to start building relationships. Sign up for after-hours conference events for some fun social interactions.
- Follow up: Turn a good meeting into a great one by sending an email or letter to thank your contacts for their time. You can also share any information that might be helpful, like something from your notes or a link to an article you mentioned in conversation.
Keeping these tips in mind for your next national conference can help you make valuable connections with other professionals in your industry. Take your networking even further by attending regional conferences based on the state where you practice. These smaller events will connect you with professionals nearby to create a network you can lean on over the course of your career.
Find DermCare Management at Your Next Dermatology Conference
DermCare is committed to providing the best solutions for your practice. We attend many conferences across the country.
DermCare Management will have a strong presence at the AAD Conference from March 17-19, 2023 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Visit us at booth number 1047. We will also be at the AAD Career Fair at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel on March 17, 2023 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Looking forward to seeing you there!